Dear Parents and Guardians,
Welcome to the 2023-2024 school year! My name is Soraya Drew, and I am your principal. At Cochran MS we are at a crossroads. We have survived a pandemic, a year of online instruction, and a staff shortage. Despite our challenges, we are determined to do the following,
Improve student learning and achievement through,
- Improve teaching with coaching, data-driven instruction, and technology
- Ensure the safety of everyone by maintaining a closed campus and using restorative justice
- Connect with parents and families through weekly communication and monthly meetings
- Improve staff and student morale through positive token systems and assemblies
- Improve student and parent engagement by maintaining student and parent representatives in our Leadership Class, on our School Site Council (SSC), on our SchoolWide Positive Behavior Interventions and Support (SWPBIS) committee, and on our Local School Leadership Council (LSLC)
Our school's Vision is to create lifelong learners who value curiosity, literacy, and exploration. We want our students to be prepared for their future college and careers by having access to a rigorous education.
Our school's Mission is to instill high expectations for success through challenging and supportive instruction. We want to create a safe, caring, and supportive environment. We know that the relationships students have with staff are key to improving their educational experience and achievement. Parents and guardians are an integral part of achieving our mission's goals for our students.
Please ensure students are at school every day, on time, and completing all of their class work and homework on their Chromebooks. Please click here for the Parent Portal so that you can monitor your child's assignments and test scores. Come and see me in the Main Office to see what we can do to make your child's experience in middle school the best!
Principal Soraya Drew